Will my mental and behavioral health services programs and services be covered by plans offered through Access Health CT?
Yes, to find out which specific mental and behavioral health programs and services are covered, please see your plan's Summary of Benefits and Costs.
Qualified Health Plans are required to cover some mental and behavioral health services under the Affordable Care Act's "Essential Health Benefits" (EHBs) requirements. All plans are required to meet federal and state Mental Health Parity laws.
Mental and behavioral health services are essential health benefits and all plans must cover:
- Behavioral health treatment, such as psychotherapy and counseling
- Mental and behavioral health inpatient services
- Substance use disorder (commonly known as substance abuse) treatment
Pre-existing mental and behavioral health conditions are covered and spending limits are not allowed.
- Plans sold through Access Health CT can't deny you coverage or charge you more just because you have any pre-existing condition, including mental health and substance use disorder conditions.
- Coverage for treatment of all pre-existing conditions begins the day your coverage starts.
- Marketplace plans can't put yearly or lifetime dollar limits on coverage of any essential health benefit, including mental health and substance use disorder services.