How do I report a change to my information?

Written by Access Health CT | Published April 9th, 2021 | Updated April 9th, 2021

If any of your personal information changes during the year, changes should be reported within 30 days or as quickly as possible. If we don't have the most up to date information it can make it harder for us to get in touch with you about your account and it can affect the amount of financial help you can receive or result in owing the IRS. 

Account Changes to Stay Connected 



Understand how to make the most of your plan benefits and keep in touch about important customer renewal information. 

Sign In and click on the "Me and My Household" tab, then click "Update address" to update your mailing address, add an email address or opt-in to receive text messages.


Application Changes to Report 



Keep your account details updated to ensure your financial help in accurate. 

Sign In and click "Report a change in Income or Household" under Quick Links to report changes to household address, income or remove someone from your account.


Know The Type of Change Reported:  

If you are reporting an application change that impacts the amount of financial help your receive (like reporting more income that estimated previously), you may receive a notice cancelling your current plan and a separate notice alerting you about the new plan you are now enrolled in with the updated amount of financial help reflecting the change you reported.  This can impact plan benefits like your yearly deductible and out-of-pocket maximums. 


Know Your Household:  

Understanding who is included in your household will help determine what changes need to be reported.  When you estimate your income to receive financial help you should count income for everyone in your tax household.  Therefore, if anyone’s income changes during the year, the total listed in your application should be reviewed for accuracy.  If this total is different, then the changes in income should be reported immediately to ensure you receive the proper amount of financial help.  Other household changes should be reported Ex: Someone changes their intended filing status that you included as a dependent. Unreported changes to income can lead to owing the IRS so it is important to keep your account details updated.