Access Health CT will provide a Special Enrollment Period from March 15, 2023 to May 15, 2023 to help eligible Personal Care Attendants (PCAs) and Direct Support Professionals (DSPs) to enroll in health insurance. If they qualify, these PCAs and DSPs can enroll in no- or low-cost coverage, including a Qualified Health Plan with some premium assistance, the Covered Connecticut Program or qualify to enroll in HUSKY Health (Medicaid).
The eligibility requirements for the Special Enrollment Period are listed below.
How to Qualify for the Special Enrollment Period:
- You must apply for health insurance coverage through Access Health CT and be eligible to enroll. In your application, you must attest to being a Personal Care Attendant (PCA) or Direct Support Professional (DSP).
Before You Apply Through Access Health CT:
- Gather information about the members of your household. You will need the Date of Birth and Social Security Number for every person in your tax household, even if they don’t need coverage.
- Estimate your Annual Household Income for 2023 (include upcoming bonuses or raises and income from all sources, not just your PCA work).
- If you are approved for the Premium Assistance Contribution, you must return to Access Health CT to update your application.
- You must include the contribution amount as part of your annual household income for 2023.
Help & Support:
- You can enroll online, by phone or with the help of an Enrollment Specialist. See your options to get free help from Access Health CT.
- If you need a copy of your “denial letter,” also called the 1301 Eligibility Determination Notice, you can download a PDF from your online account inbox (Sign in and click “My Messages”). After you apply, this letter will arrive in your online account inbox within 1 business day, or to your mailbox in a few business days. Here is how to check your notice:
- If you are not eligible for Medicaid, your notice will explicitly state that you are not eligible for Medicaid.
- If you are not eligible for the Covered Connecticut Program, your notice will not have it listed in writing. If you are eligible, your notice will state that you are eligible for the Program.
- If you don’t have an online account with Access Health CT or you need help, call us at 1-855-805-4325. Customers who are deaf or hearing impaired may use TTY at 1-855-789-2428 or call with a relay operator (we speak many languages).